Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pumpkin Dilemma

Since we didn't have to go to school today, I took advantage of the time this morning and made pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes with my brother. We had some leftover pumpkin, so I looked up what fruits would pair well with it. The search came up with pear, apples, and cranberries, but I wonder if pumpkin would go well with other things. When I think about it, it doesn't have a very strong flavor, so shouldn't it be a more versatile ingredient. After pondering it for a while I decided that maybe pumpkin and carrot could go together because they both have subtle flavors and go with some of the same spices. 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting to think about. What did you end up doing with the leftover pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made pumpkin bars-no carrots involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes a soup with pumpkin and carrots and salantro and it is good! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I wonder if a pumpkin-carrot cake would be good? I like how you talked about researching and your comment about the subtle flavors has made me think. I often make a pumpkin chili actually and it's quite tasty. Keep slicing!

    ReplyDelete