Monday, February 29, 2016

My Interest in Robert Stroud

So this is my first blog post, and I decided I am going to write about my spring unit, which is Alcatraz. I'm not really sure what sparked my curiosity, but I have always been interested in people like Al Capone, and he is well known for spending time at Alcatraz, so I thought I would give it a try. So far I have learned a lot about the prison, and I am excited to learn about one man in particular, Robert " The Birman of Alcatraz" Stroud, who was arrested for murdering a bartender, and during his many years in Alcatraz up until he died, he did a lot of research on birds, and wrote two books. He is also one of Alcatraz's most famous inmates, and I look forward to learning about him more. 

6 comments:

  1. That's such a cool unit! I can't wait to hear about what you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a awesome unit and I can't wait to learn about Robert Stroud from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also always wanted to study Alcatraz, and this unit sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to hear more about Robert Stroud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE ALCATRAZ! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR UNIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much cool history about Alcatraz. Did you know it was taken over as a separate country by some Native Americans after the prison closed? Happy slicing!

    ReplyDelete